FOOD & BEVERAGE MINIMUM & REQUIREMENTS
- All reception event space holds a food & beverage minimum. These minimums are not inclusive to the applicable service charge & sales tax. Surf & Sand Resort will add the service charge & applicable sales tax to all food & beverage items. The service charge is subject to the applicable sales tax (California State Board of Equalization Regulation Code No. 1603). All prices are subject to change without notice. The food & beverage minimum is the least amount you are required to spend based on your menu selections. The ceremony site fee does not apply to your food & beverage minimum.
- No food or beverage may be brought to or taken from the banquet facilities, with the exception of special event cakes. An additional charge of $4 per person will apply for cake-cutting services. The cake-cutting fee will be waived in lieu of dessert offered with your dinner menu. When offering your guests an entrée choice, the higher-priced entrée will prevail for all, with a limit of two (2) entrées only & one (1) vegetarian option. You will be responsible for providing an indicator to distinguish your guests’ entrée selections. A corkage fee of $30 per bottle applies to wine (with dinner only) & champagne (for toast only) if you choose to provide your own. No magnums are permitted.
DEPOSITS & BILLINGS
- Deposits vary based on the food & beverage minimum of your event. The non-refundable initial deposit is due upon receipt of a signed contract. The second deposit is due 90 days prior to your event date & is based upon 75% of your estimated balance. Complete pre-payment by cashier’s check or credit card is due 10 days prior to your event, based on your guaranteed number of guests.
- To provide courtesy to all of our hotel guests, the resort staff may need to manage the volume of amplified entertainment. All entertainment must end at 12am. Your evening reception room is available to you for six (6) hours or until midnight, whichever comes first.
- A guaranteed number is required for the number of persons attending your event 10 days prior to the event date. This number will be considered a guaranteed number of guests, not subject to reduction. If no guarantee is received, the expected number of guests will be considered the guarantee. You will be charged for the guaranteed number or the number of guests in attendance, whichever is larger.
- Due to Surf & Sand Resort’s beach location, valet parking is limited. Prevailing valet parking fees will be posted to the master account or paid by each guest individually. Self-parking is available in the metered spaces on the street, within blocks of the resort. An overnight parking fee will apply to guests staying in the night at the resort, at the prevailing rate. Vendors are not permitted to park on property, however valet will assist to direct vendors where to unload & load for your event.
- The couple will receive a complimentary oceanfront room for the night of their wedding. Overnight accommodations are available to your guests, at the lowest prevailing seasonal rate. The resort is a very popular weekend destination. Please note that a two-night minimum is required when incorporating a Saturday night stay. Holiday weekends may require a three-night minimum stay. Our check-in time is 4pm & our check-out time is 11am.
- Complimentary tastings are provided for events of 50 guests or more. Tastings are hosted for two (2) people. Tastings are pre-arranged with your Catering Manager & menu selections (3 entrées only) must be provided two (2) weeks in advance. Tastings are held on Tuesdays & Wednesdays, based upon availability.
- Ceremony rehearsal times & locations are based on availability. Ceremony rehearsals scheduled on Fridays & Saturdays may be held no later than 2pm. Rehearsal space & coordination can be reserved up to 30 days in advance, based upon availability.